News about our diploma exams
We are excited to announce that we are redeveloping our higher-level diplomas in Performance, Teaching and Directing, creating a new set of qualifications to replace the current DipABRSM, LRSM and FRSM diplomas in these subjects.
Our innovative new diplomas will provide high-quality advance-level qualifications that are vocationally relevant, focus on the specialist skills prevalent in the performing arts sector and provide clear pathways for progression.
We continuously review all of our qualifications and assessments to ensure they remain contemporary and respond to the changing needs of musicians with content that inspires, motivates and encourages both teaching and learning.
We are planning to make the new diplomas available digitally. They will reflect current approaches to learning and assessment and provide teachers, performers and directors with opportunities to showcase their skills.
- We are planning to make our new diplomas available digitally.
- There will be new LRSM and FRSM diplomas in Performance, Teaching and Directing to replace the current qualifications.
- We are introducing new ARSM diplomas in Teaching and Directing to sit alongside our ARSM in Performance.
- We are withdrawing the DipABRSM in Performance, Teaching and Directing.
What’s staying the same?
- The ARSM in Performance is staying the same. You can download the specification qualification here.
- Although we are withdrawing the DipABRSM, it will remain a valid and fully recognised qualification for recipients, who can still use the letters DipABRSM.
Final dates for taking our current diplomas
Deadlines for taking our current DipABRSM, LRSM and FRSM diplomas are available here, along with information about retakes. Please read this information carefully if you are preparing for one of these diplomas or would like to retake a section. Check our withdrawal information.
When will the new diplomas be available?
We will be introducing the new diplomas gradually, with qualification specifications available from the second half of 2023 onwards and the first assessments from 2024 onwards. We plan to provide more information about the new diplomas and their availability in the early part of 2023.